ACEnetica

Discussion about the use of self-organisation for automatically "programming" networks of processing nodes.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Problem uploading images to blogger.com

Merde, merde, and thrice merde!

For some unknown reason blogger.com is still not accepting uploaded images, so I am unable to post any images here until that is sorted out. Maybe this problem is related to the comment about "network maintenance" on the Blogger Status page.

This pretty much makes it impossible for me to post anything meaningful, so this blog will be dormant until this problem is sorted out.

I am more than a little annoyed by this.

Update: My frustration is building to the point where I might start to host all of my images elsewhere, and to include links from my postings here.

Update: I have now discovered that the uploading problem was a 30 second timeout that prevented what would otherwise have been successful uploads from completing. For some reason this 30 second threshold was not exceeded for the first 10 or so images that I uploaded, but it was exceeded thereafter. Since I was attempting to upload uncompressed bitmap versions of my images, the solution was simple: compress-before-upload. This trick worked on my first attempt, so my earlier Discrete network dynamics. Part 1: Operator theory posting is now complete with its images. I can now bring this blog out of its dormant state.

2 Comments:

At 9 December 2005 at 07:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's it going with awakening this blog?

 
At 9 December 2005 at 08:33, Blogger Stephen Luttrell said...

The blogger status says (for Monday, November 14, 2005):

We are planning a two hour outage this evening from 9p to 11p (PST). This is to complete the network maintenance we've been performing over the last several weeks.

Update: this has been postponed and will not happen tonight.


Presumably, that is the problem whose resolution will allow me to upload images.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home